Are you interested in working at the International Rescue Committee ? Browse through the list of current job vacancies and recruitment opportunities at the International Rescue Committee.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Manager
Requisition ID: req31812
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Full Time
Employment Type: Fixed Term
Open to Expatriates: No
- The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
- IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. IRC’s emergency response team, with local partner CISCOPE (civil society coalition for poverty eradication), implemented a project to support livelihoods and improve WASH in Kogi state from February to May 2013.
- This was followed by a 3-month nutrition and food security program in the same location from October 2013 to January 2014. IRC is now initiating programming in Borno state. To support this program, IRC is opening offices in Maiduguri.
Summary of Responsibilities
- The Senior Supply Chain Manager is an integral member of the country management team and reports directly to the Senior Supply Chain Coordinator (SSCC) and will work closely and receive technical support from the Deputy Director of Operations.
- This position is responsible for the management and delivery of effective Supply Chain support to the country office in compliance with IRC and donor regulations.
- Key responsibilities include procurement, transport, inventory, asset management, staff training and development, budget and finance management.
The Senior Supply Chain Manager will:
- Collaborate and coordinate with Programs and Finance to ensure integrated and harmonized operational systems.
- Collaborate with Finance Controller to ensure that internal controls are met with minimum of bureaucracy.
- Work with Field Office Supply Chain Staff and Field Coordinators to ensure effectiveness, countrywide uniformity of Supply Chain structure and implementation of the IRC’s standard operating policies and procedures.
- Implement job specific trainings to ensure that Supply Chain staff’ possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities.
- Present IRC at logistics and security working groups meeting in Abuja and provide feedback to DDO and CD.
Specific responsibilities include,
- Accountable for implementing and maintaining a local and International procurement system adapted by the IRC Nigeria Supply Chain Department and based on IRC Global procurement policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure each grant has a procurement plan and each plan is updated, discussed with the relevant budget holder and are reported on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate, manage and be accountable for the supply and logistics support to IRC operations, including the efficient, effective and transparent procurement of the required goods and services according to IRC policies and standard operating procedures.
- Establish a reasonable and appropriate lead-time for ordering and delivery of goods, ensuring this lead-time is followed and achieved as per the different grant timelines.
- Maintain transparent and efficient general contracting systems through IRC standard Supply Chain due diligence.
- Finalize Supply Chain Monthly Report and PRTS for final submission to Senior Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Oversee the international procurements of different categories of goods and services, including pharmaceutical and Cold Chain procurements, customs clearance, transportations, warehousing, and stock management.
- Engage in Medical and Pharmaceutical Suppliers prequalification’s
- Establish Framework Agreements with Credible vendors for supplies of goods and services.
Fleet and Transport Management:
- Oversee the management of the transport fleet for IRC Offices. Ensure that vehicles are allocated to program/departments in an efficient manner and in coordination with operation leads in Abuja.
- Ensure that systems are in place to account for transported goods.
- Ensure that monthly reports are done for Fuel Usage, Mileage and Spares Expenditures by vehicle for review, general reporting and analysis for continuous improvement.
- Ensure management, tracking, maintenance and reporting of all IRC Abuja vehicles according to IRC policy.
- Be accountable for periodic circle count as per the standard operating procedure to ensure that stock management system is adhered to by the storekeepers.
- Lead in conducting fiscal year end stock inventories and ensure that effective stock inventory report is produced.
- Assist programs to establish and implement a reliable stock distribution plan to avoid closed grant or expired items in the warehouses.
- Ensure Pharmaceutical Inventory management is done as per IRC policy and maintain compliance for effective management.
- Train warehouse staff as required in managing and documenting the receipt, handling, storage, dispatching and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Finalize monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- Ensure donor reports for stock are complete and submitted to the Grants Department on time as per donor requirement.
- Maintain records/authorizations for warehouse staff designated to receive and dispatch goods.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
- Ensure proper tracking, maintenance, and recording of all IRC Abuja assets , which will lead to an accurate asset database at all times.
- Ensure that each staff member is accountable for every asset assigned to them through the use of the Equipment Issue / Receipt forms.
- Define and implement maintenance systems and procedures for assets, including training of staff and follow-up.
- Ensure quarterly physical check of assets and submission of asset reports to Supply Chain Coordinator for review and feedback.
- Ensure donor reports for assets are complete as per donor requirement and submitted on time to Senior Supply Chain Coordinator for review before submission to the Grants Department for action.
- Ensure disposal of assets is reviewed and implemented on an annually as per IRC and donor requirements regulations.
Budget & Finance:
- Participate in proposal design and budget development by identifying and inputting the required operational budget need for project implementation.
- Work with field staff to identify Supply Chain needs and ensure that issues are raised with Field Coordinator to ensure they are included in new budget development.
- Monitor Supply Chain sections of budgets. Review Budget vs. Actual expenditure reports and give feedback to Field Coordinator.
Compliance and Legal:
- Ensure that Supply Chain policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable IRC and funding source policies, procedures and requirements. All staff act in accordance with the policies.
- Maintain and update donor guidelines related to Supply Chain field (procurement, asset, etc).
- Update as required the IRC standards in terms of assets/equipment to be purchased.
- Finalize Procurement Plans for all grants.
- Ensure all donor reports for assets are completed and submitted to the Grants Department on time.
- Disposal of assets is reviewed annually and donor requirements followed as necessary.
- Familiarize with various donor regulations.
Training & Outreach:
- Proactively develop the skills of IRC staff to understand and utilize Supply Chain tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Work with field staff to identify Supply Chain needs and ensure the issues are raised in new budget development.
- Ensure all Supply Chain staffs are aware of and in compliance with IRC procurement, asset and stock management, transport, communications, etc, in order for them to clearly share this information.
- Assist Supply Chain staff in working with program/ Admin staff towards establishing procurement plans before the start of each grant ensuring they fit the activities in the budget, are donor compliant and realistic in terms of timing.
- Ensure monthly Supply Chain reports are submitted to the SSCC in a timely manner.
Staff Management and Development:
- Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff.
- Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled and support the recruitment of all Supply Chain staff and provide day to day supervision of department.
- Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations.
- Ensure that any staff discipline follows a progressive methodology which provides for clear and structured improvement.
- Ensure procurement is done according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Ensure that staff participating in tender committees are trained and understand their roles.
- Ensure clear delineation of roles for procurement.
- Ensure the update of the pre-selected suppliers list.
- Ensure transport services are cost efficient and reliable.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
- Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly and assets are disposed according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Ensure all International Procurements are requested followed up and dispatched upon delivery to the requesting site.
- Ensure all payments for international procurements are done in a timely manner, within the agreed time frame
- Ensure Transport Logistics are properly planned and managed effectively.
Key Working Relationships:
- Report to: Senior Supply Chain Coordinator
- Duty Station: Abuja
- Position directly supervises Senior Supply Chain Officer in Abuja
- Position Indirectly Supervises Procurement Officers, Procurement Assistants.
Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Regular relationships with regional and country Supply Chain staff at all levels, Deputy Director of Operations and Project Coordinators/Mangers. Actively participate in global and regional supply chain, conferences, and leading sessions as required.
- External: May Serve as IRC Supply Chain representative in outside meetings, other non-governmental organizations, inter-agency groups and foundations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or equivalent qualification in related field is highly desirous and will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years progressive management and leadership experience
- Experience working with donors including USAID, BPRM, UNHCR, DFID, ECHO, and EU, and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of practical Supply Chain Procedures and maintaining supply pipelines in areas with weak infrastructure.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other IT skills.
- Possess leadership qualities and willing to exercise initiative.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only qualified candidate will be contacted