Are you interested in working at the International Rescue Committee ? Browse through the list of current job vacancies and recruitment opportunities at the International Rescue Committee .
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Procurement Manager
Requisition ID: req31816
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- The primary objective of the position is to support the Supply Chain function in developing world-class procurement practices to improve program support for IRC Borno Offices.
- It requires the occupant to have a deep understanding of humanitarian supply chains including but not limited to need assessment, sourcing, buying, and expediting procurements
- The success of this role requires close collaboration with field staff, country leadership, program teams, and GSC Quality Assurance.
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following:
- Perform Market Analyses by collecting, organizing, and analyzing market data and financial reports and monitoring Supply Market to ensuring price quotations and Supplier offers are authentic and reasonable
- Develop procurement plans for active grants, in collaboration with program Coordinators/Managers and internal and external partners to support program implementation.
- Ensure program teams develop distribution plan for supplies and assets of closed grants in the warehouses.
- Coordinate with supply chain field staff to ensure that there is sufficient spaces in warehouses before sending program supplies to the field sites.
- Ensure that the supply chain department is well staffed and roles and responsibilities of each have clear job description.
- Implement all IRC procurement Standard Operating Procedures to ensure compliance to IRC and donors procurement policies
- Work with requesters to develop comprehensive purchase specification
- Maintain accurate procurement data and records and ensuring on time procurement reporting
- Review procurement documents before payment
- Lead the bidding process, including Request for quotation process, Request for proposal process, Tender evaluation and facilitating procurement committee functioning
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategy
- Set negotiation objectives conduct negotiations with potential suppliers to ensure value for money
- Prepare, review, and utilize Procurement contracts, including Master Agreements (MPA, MSA) to ensure favorable Procurement Terms and Conditions
- Set key performance indicators and service level agreements for contracts
- Monitor contract implementation to ensure suppliers adherence to contract terms and conditions
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate procurement report(s) to inform decision-making process.
- Implement and sustain segregation of duties in procurement and other related functions.
- Maintain mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers
- Conduct Supplier performance reviews and feedback process and maintain up to date and accurate supplier performance scorecards
- Develop suppliers for sustainable value adding procurement.
Compliance and Legal:
- Conduct procurement due diligence, including ATC check, supplier site visits, supplier background checks and implement any other fraud prevention methods
- Conduct self-assessments of conformance to supply chain policies, procedures, controls, and performance
- Provide complete documents for audit and implement Corrective and/ or preventive action Plans (CAPA)
- Identify, document and timely report any IRC procurement process deviations following the mechanism in place for appropriate follow up.
- Develop and support implementation of improvement plans.
- Provide constructive support to other functions to ensure effective, compliance to policies & procedures.
Staff Management and Development:
- Support recruitment of procurement staff through the effective utilization of the IRC supply chain competency matrix.
- Ensure each staff members’ objectives are set following the organizational unit visions as well as operations context(s);
- Provide face to face and remote orientation to newly hired procurement staff.
- Assess procurement staff competency and training gaps and develop appropriate intervention programmes
- Deliver Training and Professional development programmes
- Co-ordinate training and maintain training record.
Key Working Relationships:
- Report to: Supply Chain Coordinator
- Position directly supervises Senior procurement Officer in Maiduguri
- Position Indirectly Supervises Procurement Officers, Procurement Assistants
Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Regular relationships with regional and country Supply Chain staff at all levels, Deputy Director of Operations and Project Coordinators/Mangers. Actively participate in global and regional supply chain, conferences, and leading sessions as required.
- External: May Serve as IRC Supply Chain representative in outside meetings, other non-governmental organizations, inter-agency groups and foundations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent qualification in required field
- Professional certification in Supply Chain Management and/or emergency response management.
- At least 5 years of experience in handling humanitarian supply chain.
- Strong ERP roll out and management skills.
- Clear training and mentoring ability.
- Experience working with a diverse portfolio of Donors and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Have a high degree of flexibility and ability to work under sometimes acute hardship conditions against tight deadlines.
- Strong computer and communication equipment skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to lead teams
- Change management
- Risk management
- Decision-making capability
- Cross-Functional collaboration
- Result Focus
- Effective Communication
- Problem-Solving ability.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only qualified candidate will be invited