Are you interested in working at the United Bank? Browse through the list of current job vacancies and recruitment opportunities at the United Bank
United Bank for Africa 2022 National Essay Competition
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Applications are invited for:
Title: United Bank for Africa 2022 National Essay Competition
- ASUU Strikes have often cost Nigerian students time. Advise the Nigerian government on how they can reach an agreement with ASUU to improve tertiary education in the country.
- The National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria is organized annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Must be in Senior Secondary school
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a scanned copy of a means of identification (birth certificate, National ID, or passport).
The top 3 finalists will win the following prizes in educational grants to any African university of their choice:
- Winner: N5 million
- 1st runner-up: N3 million
- 2nd runner-up: N2.5 million.
Application Closing Date
28th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment
- Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition
- Applicant must submit their valid contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address, and Email Address).
- Applicants must upload a scanned copy of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
- Applicants must upload a handwritten essay on the portal.